Oktoberfest || brats + bretzels
We hosted an Oktoberfest this past weekend and I am kicking myself for not taking more pictures of the event. It was not the most friendly event for our vegetarian friends, but it was a feast for carnivores.
The menu went something like this:
- Bratwurst and Currywurst – made by Butcher & Larder
- Bretzels & Bread – made by Dinkel’s Bakery
- Roast chicken – made by Feed
- Warm German Potato Salad – made by Cooking Fools [mustard based]
- Sauerkraut, assorted Mustards, & Pickles
- Liverwusrt & Pork Liver Pate – made by Butcher & Larder
- Assorted Hard Cheese
- Red Lentil Vegetable soup [for the veggies made by moi]
- Obatzda – made by Yoolia [our genuine Bavarian import : ) ]
- Wuaschtsalat – also made by Yoolia [traditional Bavarian salad]
- Apple Strudel – made by Dinkel’s Bakery
- Mini-Chocolate Cup-Cakes – made by Sweet Mandy B’s
Yes we didn’t make a great deal ourselves this time around, but we did make it happen : ) It was a jovial event, as it is always a delight getting our friends, some new some old, all together into one place for the night. There was plenty of german bier consumed, brats and bread and some new friendships formed. People always make a party and a fun party they did make. Prost.