Chicago Travel Guide || fulton & west loop
Here is our take on our favorite haunts in the Fulton Market & West Loop neighborhoods. It is just our 2 cents on what we think you should put on the EAT | SEE | STAY list. Have fun exploring our handsome city.
We love these hilarious banners. Check them all out over here.
- Au Cheval – A french diner. The buyer here is spectacular.
- Aviary – Get a reservation online to avoid the lines. The most exquisite presentation & creations in the cocktail world. [R&H review]
- Avec – Communal tables, plates for sharing, fabulous wine. It has been a staple & a fave for 10+ years. Don’t miss out. Go early if there are more than 2 of you to get a table [R&H review]
- Blackbird – A little more formal, delicious fish dishes.
- Girl & the Goat – Huge space, loads of tables, but it is popular so book ahead of time. Great menu small plates [R&H review]
- Glazed & Infused – Holy load of delicious handcrafted donuts. So sugary good, several locations across the city.
- J.P. Graziano Italian deli with the best italian subs in town.
- Maudes Liquor Bar – French bistro with a focus on seafood, great room & amazing cocktails. Love the tartare [R&H review]
- Moto innovative, fun but fancy meal, I have always had a good time.
- Next – The menu changes 4 times a year. Buy a ticket, it is $$$ but worth it, get the wine parings, turn up, enjoy the show [R&H review]
- Publican – Great pub food, that has a wicked brunch on the weekends, Good for all meals. [R&H review]
- Publican Quality Meats – is good for a lunch spot and for taking goodies with you for later [R&H review]
- RM Champagne – Hidden down an alley, great outdoor space in the summer. Good for drinks & a nibble.
- Sepia – Delightful dinner stop, live this room and of course the food. Seasonal menu focused on classic dishes.
- Sushi Dokku – Great sushi spot. Excellent Sake selection. Sit at the counter & order the omakase option.
- Wishbone – Across from the old Oprah Studios, this is ‘southern reconstruction’ food. Fun breakfast spot.
- Randolph Street Market – For Flea Market finds [check for dates]
- Festivals & Events: There are loads of summer based activities in this area check lists for details
- There aren’t any hotels in this area YET but they are under construction. Coming soon Soho House.
- Morlen Sinoway – Always haas lovely goodies to pick up as souvenirs.
- There are loads of galleries in this area to check-out, here is a map / game to explore the location with or head here for listings.
- News from Eater on the Fulton Market & West Loop restaurant scene.
- Chicago Gallery News – details of what is happening in the art galleries around town.
- Chicago Magazine: guide to West Loop
ABOUT THESE GUIDES: We will be updating as things close/open, & our tastes change. You can see other Chicago Neighborhood Guides here.